The College of Education will be a world leader in the integration of (a) teaching and learning, (b) advancement of the knowledge base through research and scholarship, and (c) leadership in service and outreach. Further, the College will be a world leader in preparing professionals who provide leadership and exemplary educational and related services to improve the lives of individuals in a changing and complex global society.
The mission of the College of Education is to help prepare outstanding educators, scholars, and researchers, and to advance the profession of education, as broadly defined, through research on the science and art of teaching and learning, the application of clinical processes, the effective uses of technology, and the analysis and development of leadership and educational policy.
- Help to prepare educational professionals recognized for the quality and significance of their teaching, research, scholarship, service, outreach, and leadership.
- Provide widely recognized leadership in the improvement of teaching, learning, and the assessment of educational outcomes across the life span through research, scholarship, and technology.
- Enhance the commitment of faculty, staff, and students to the centrality of diversity, social justice, and democratic citizenship.
- Provide leadership in the development of collaborative, professional relationships with schools, organizations, and other institutions focused on the improvement of education in schools, communities, and workplace settings.
- Sustain a caring, supportive climate throughout the College.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the College.